Memo to Fast Food Joints: Stay in Your Place
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 11 January 2011 9:53 AM
What’s Subway doing selling falafel? Chicago Tribune columnist Steve Johnson is worried about a trend he sees on the horizon, namely that “too many of America’s fast-food emporiums are failing to stay in their place.” Even Noodle & Co., “which would seem to have a pretty well-defined concept,” has introduced sandwiches to its menu. One of Johnson’s favorite chains is Chipotle, for their purposefully myopic mission statement. I have to agree—they do what they do quite well. And honestly, it’d probably make me uncomfortable to see a burger on the menu. That, it seems, is Johnson’s point.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryApril 19, 2014
- Man Finally Sent to Prison 13 Years After Conviction
- Disney Parks Host “It’s a Small World” Sing-along to Mark 50th Anniversary
- Few Investment Options Fueling Tech Bubble
- Inside the World of Sweepstakes Addicts
- Reprogram an Old Hearing Aid to Save Thousands