Memo to Fast Food Joints: Stay in Your Place
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 11 January 2011 9:53 AM
What’s Subway doing selling falafel? Chicago Tribune columnist Steve Johnson is worried about a trend he sees on the horizon, namely that “too many of America’s fast-food emporiums are failing to stay in their place.” Even Noodle & Co., “which would seem to have a pretty well-defined concept,” has introduced sandwiches to its menu. One of Johnson’s favorite chains is Chipotle, for their purposefully myopic mission statement. I have to agree—they do what they do quite well. And honestly, it’d probably make me uncomfortable to see a burger on the menu. That, it seems, is Johnson’s point.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMarch 5, 2014
- Advice on Winning Your NCAA Pool for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced Fans
- Thoreau’s Walden Goes Digital
- Why Trains are More Efficient Than Trucks
- BPA-Free Plastics May Pose Greater Threat
- Mudslide Rescuers Try to Prevent Rogue Searchers