Memo to Fast Food Joints: Stay in Your Place
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 11 January 2011 9:53 AM
What’s Subway doing selling falafel? Chicago Tribune columnist Steve Johnson is worried about a trend he sees on the horizon, namely that “too many of America’s fast-food emporiums are failing to stay in their place.” Even Noodle & Co., “which would seem to have a pretty well-defined concept,” has introduced sandwiches to its menu. One of Johnson’s favorite chains is Chipotle, for their purposefully myopic mission statement. I have to agree—they do what they do quite well. And honestly, it’d probably make me uncomfortable to see a burger on the menu. That, it seems, is Johnson’s point.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New breeds of Christmas trees promise longer life and even a more pleasing scent.
- 12/5 The Daily Show: Pat Plays Along with Samantha Bee
- 12/3 Study: Men Only Using Half a Brain
- 12/3 “Meaning” is the New Trend in Baby Names
- 12/5 Color of the Year: “Radiant Orchid”
- 12/4 Woman Lines Up Selfie with Bridge Jumper in Background