Memo to Fast Food Joints: Stay in Your Place
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 11 January 2011 9:53 AM
What’s Subway doing selling falafel? Chicago Tribune columnist Steve Johnson is worried about a trend he sees on the horizon, namely that “too many of America’s fast-food emporiums are failing to stay in their place.” Even Noodle & Co., “which would seem to have a pretty well-defined concept,” has introduced sandwiches to its menu. One of Johnson’s favorite chains is Chipotle, for their purposefully myopic mission statement. I have to agree—they do what they do quite well. And honestly, it’d probably make me uncomfortable to see a burger on the menu. That, it seems, is Johnson’s point.
Parental controls aren’t just for kids. Tips to force yourself to take a break from your devices.
Lester Wisbrod says he’s been taking photos of himself with celebrities for decades.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistorySeptember 1, 2013
- National Parks Try to Broaden Their Appeal
- Pope Francis: Church is Obsessed With Abortion, Homosexuality and Contraception
- McDonald’s Plans Healthier Sides
- Disney Cites Abuse in Changing Policy for Disabled Riders
- Jeff Bezos Outlines Plans for Newspaper ‘Golden Age’