Memo to Fast Food Joints: Stay in Your Place
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 11 January 2011 9:53 AM
What’s Subway doing selling falafel? Chicago Tribune columnist Steve Johnson is worried about a trend he sees on the horizon, namely that “too many of America’s fast-food emporiums are failing to stay in their place.” Even Noodle & Co., “which would seem to have a pretty well-defined concept,” has introduced sandwiches to its menu. One of Johnson’s favorite chains is Chipotle, for their purposefully myopic mission statement. I have to agree—they do what they do quite well. And honestly, it’d probably make me uncomfortable to see a burger on the menu. That, it seems, is Johnson’s point.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
And with this, I can reveal my involvement in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- 2/27 Sarah Jessica Parker Launches Shoe Line, Displays Spider Veins
- 2/28 Breast-Fed Babies’ Advantage Comes From Books
- 3/11 Preview: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- 3/6 The Manly Guide to Organizing Your Closet
- 2/28 Jeff Gordon Gets Revenge With New Pepsi Test-Drive Prank