Meet the New Boss: Data
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 20 September 2012 8:22 AM
The boss is no longer the boss, says the Wall Street Journal. These days, data reigns supreme. Companies are using computer algorithms to make more big decisions. Like how much you’re paid. The computer models indicate that giving you a raise may not make you more likely to stay in your job or motivate you to work harder. So maybe they just won’t give you a raise.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013