Meet the New Boss: Data
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 20 September 2012 8:22 AM
The boss is no longer the boss, says the Wall Street Journal. These days, data reigns supreme. Companies are using computer algorithms to make more big decisions. Like how much you’re paid. The computer models indicate that giving you a raise may not make you more likely to stay in your job or motivate you to work harder. So maybe they just won’t give you a raise.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity