Mass. Town Mulls Profanity Fine
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 11 June 2012 8:38 AM
Be sure to watch your language when driving through Middleborough, Massachusetts. The town is considering a municipal law that would serve up a $20 fine for anyone who swears in public. The Wall Street Journal clarifies what constitutes a finable-offense: Uttering the f word after a Red Sox loss wouldn’t be a violation, for example, but hurling “profane language at some attractive female walking through town” would.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity