Mars Rover Poses Challenge for NASA
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 10 July 2012 9:33 AM
There’s a good explanation in the Houston Chronicle this morning of the challenges NASA faces trying to get the 1-ton Curiosity rover to Mars. As one of the project’s lead scientists explains: “We’ve got to go from five times as fast as a speeding bullet - 13,000 mph - all the way to a screeching halt in seven minutes.”
SOURCE: Houston Chronicle
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?