Marketing to Muslims Proves Difficult
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 25 January 2010 8:24 AM
The LA Times says Best Buy is one of the very first retailers to advertise directly to Muslim-Americans in a mainstream media campaign. It’s a strategy that has been met encouragingly by the community but is sparking controversy online. A recent advertising case study encouraged firms to tap into the $170 million purchasing power of Muslim-Americans but because of lingering prejudices in this country against the word “Muslim,” steered them towards ethnic media outlets.
SOURCE: LA Times
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryFebruary 26, 2014
- The Keys to Lasting Love: Solving Conflicts and Genetic Luck
- Despite Bitter Cold, the Planet is Still Warming
- Ryan Seacrest Launches Clothing Line
- Family History of Heart Disease Trumps Fitness
- 7-foot-4 Dog Towers Over Owner