Marketing to Muslims Proves Difficult
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 25 January 2010 8:24 AM
The LA Times says Best Buy is one of the very first retailers to advertise directly to Muslim-Americans in a mainstream media campaign. It’s a strategy that has been met encouragingly by the community but is sparking controversy online. A recent advertising case study encouraged firms to tap into the $170 million purchasing power of Muslim-Americans but because of lingering prejudices in this country against the word “Muslim,” steered them towards ethnic media outlets.
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Lester Wisbrod says he’s been taking photos of himself with celebrities for decades.
- 7/22 How to Keep Your Toes Safe During a Pedicure
- 7/24 Eating Well for $4 a Day
- 7/17 Dyson’s Bet: You’ll Vacuum More If Your Vacuum is Lighter
- 7/17 Hard Times for Rock Cover Bands
- 7/23 How to Cook the Perfect Pot of Rice