Marianne Gingrich: Newt Asked for Open Marriage
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 20 January 2012 9:30 AM
When you’ve been in politics as long as Newt Gingrich, there are undoubtedly some skeletons lurking in the closet. And yesterday, one came tumbling out. The GOP candidate’s ex-wife, Marianne, told reporters that Newt had given her an ultimatum back in 1999: give him an “open marriage” or a divorce. The Washington Post notes that this was the same time Gingrich was on cross-country “family values” lecture circuit.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013