Mardi Gras Krewe Build Largest Float Ever
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 26 October 2012 7:34 AM
If you’ve never been to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, 2013 might be the year to go. The Times-Picayune says the Krewe of Endymion is in the process of building the world’s largest Mardi Gras float ever. Projected to cost $1.2 million, the float will be 330 feet long and designed to carry 230 people. It’s named after an old New Orleans amusement park, Pontchartrain Beach, that closed in 1983.
Check out the building process below:
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice