Mardi Gras Krewe Build Largest Float Ever
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 26 October 2012 7:34 AM
If you’ve never been to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, 2013 might be the year to go. The Times-Picayune says the Krewe of Endymion is in the process of building the world’s largest Mardi Gras float ever. Projected to cost $1.2 million, the float will be 330 feet long and designed to carry 230 people. It’s named after an old New Orleans amusement park, Pontchartrain Beach, that closed in 1983.
Check out the building process below:
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013
- 6/18 Exercise Etiquette: To Wave or Not to Wave