Map Shows Drought’s Severity
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 20 July 2012 8:41 AM
The New York Times has an excellent map in this morning’s paper, showing just how severe the drought affecting more than half of the country is. Using historical data, they’ve created a series of maps, showing which areas of the country have experienced extreme drought in June (shown in orange) for every year since 1896.
Here’s a link to an online version of the map.
SOURCE: New York Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
From now until May 27th, you can enter your business in the “Crowd Rules $50,000 Challenge.”
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice
- 5/16 Google Makes Moves on Facebook