Man Calls 911 for Cocoa, Hug
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 2 September 2010 12:44 PM
I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to be a 911 operator. There’s a shining example of a job well done in today’s Oregonian. A homeless man called the emergency line because he was stranded naked in a hot tub and wanted some towels so he could exit. Listen to the gracious dispatcher keep his calm even after the man says the only medical help he needs is “a hug and a warm cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows in it.”
The request for cocoa comes around 5:50 in the clip. But the whole exchange is classic. You can download it here or click the story link above to hear it on the Oregonian website.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Jeff Gordon gets revenge on the reporter who labeled his viral test-drive video a fake.
- 2/27 Sarah Jessica Parker Launches Shoe Line, Displays Spider Veins
- 2/28 Breast-Fed Babies’ Advantage Comes From Books
- 2/24 Moviefone Line Going Dead
- 2/26 Surviving the Dreaded Conference Call
- 3/6 The Manly Guide to Organizing Your Closet