Man Calls 911 for Cocoa, Hug
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 2 September 2010 12:44 PM
I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to be a 911 operator. There’s a shining example of a job well done in today’s Oregonian. A homeless man called the emergency line because he was stranded naked in a hot tub and wanted some towels so he could exit. Listen to the gracious dispatcher keep his calm even after the man says the only medical help he needs is “a hug and a warm cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows in it.”
The request for cocoa comes around 5:50 in the clip. But the whole exchange is classic. You can download it here or click the story link above to hear it on the Oregonian website.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 25, 2013
- Homework Help for Parents
- Nearly Broke Philadelphia School System has Artwork Worth Millions
- Driver Held in Deadly Monster Truck Crash
- 91-Year-Old Marathoner Says His Times are “Lousy”
- Airports Making Security Checkpoints More Comfortable