Man Calls 911 for Cocoa, Hug
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 2 September 2010 12:44 PM
I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to be a 911 operator. There’s a shining example of a job well done in today’s Oregonian. A homeless man called the emergency line because he was stranded naked in a hot tub and wanted some towels so he could exit. Listen to the gracious dispatcher keep his calm even after the man says the only medical help he needs is “a hug and a warm cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows in it.”
The request for cocoa comes around 5:50 in the clip. But the whole exchange is classic. You can download it here or click the story link above to hear it on the Oregonian website.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New breeds of Christmas trees promise longer life and even a more pleasing scent.
- 12/5 The Daily Show: Pat Plays Along with Samantha Bee
- 12/3 Study: Men Only Using Half a Brain
- 12/3 “Meaning” is the New Trend in Baby Names
- 12/5 Color of the Year: “Radiant Orchid”
- 12/4 Woman Lines Up Selfie with Bridge Jumper in Background