Mach Six Flight The Longest Ever
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 13 August 2012 6:12 AM
Imagine flying from New York to Los Angeles in 46 minutes. The LA Times says that might be a possibility someday if all goes well tomorrow, when aerospace engineers test the X-51A WaveRider, an unmanned, experimental aircraft. The WaveRider will be attached to the wing of a B-52 bomber until 50,000 feet, where it will begin a 300-second flight at Mach 6—the longest on record.
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013