Kids Mistake Gel Packs for Candy
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 5 September 2012 8:02 AM
The New York Daily News reports that 40 kids in the NYC area have received medical treatment after eating those new gel packs of laundry detergent thinking they were candy. About 1200 kids have chomped on the colorful packs nationwide and 11 are on ventilators as a result. The city’s poison control center is now asking parent to refrain from buying the pods if they have young children at home.
SOURCE: New York Daily News
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity