Is Artificial Turf Bad for Kids?
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 9 October 2012 8:17 AM
(Image via Wikipedia)
Is artificial turf bad for kids? The jury’s still out says the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, but that hasn’t stopped some parents from pulling their kids off the field. The industry says they used to use lead-based paint to color the “grass” but the practice has been phased out. Now experts worry that kids are inadvertently ingesting little pieces of “dirt,” which are made from old tires.
SOURCE: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity