iPad Comes to Town
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 28 January 2010 9:53 AM
Let’s start with the name: iPad. It makes me wonder if there are actually no women that work at Apple. Washington Post writer Monica Hesse wonders whether “boyfriends everywhere [will] refuse to purchase it unless they [can] simultaneously buy some really manly products, like shaving cream and batteries.” Despite the name, Troy Wilverton of the San Jose Mercury News says the new $499 device is neat but advises waiting for version 2.0 to drop.
MAD TV did a spoof on the iPad in 2007:
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 24, 2013
- Nearly Broke Philadelphia School System has Artwork Worth Millions
- Homework Help for Parents
- Jay Z Pressured to Drop Clothing Deal with Barneys
- Michelle Obama-Inspired “Just Move” Stamps Pulled Over Safety Concerns
- The Significance of Saying “I”