iPad Comes to Town
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 28 January 2010 9:53 AM
Let’s start with the name: iPad. It makes me wonder if there are actually no women that work at Apple. Washington Post writer Monica Hesse wonders whether “boyfriends everywhere [will] refuse to purchase it unless they [can] simultaneously buy some really manly products, like shaving cream and batteries.” Despite the name, Troy Wilverton of the San Jose Mercury News says the new $499 device is neat but advises waiting for version 2.0 to drop.
MAD TV did a spoof on the iPad in 2007:
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryNovember 27, 2013
- Study: Tail Wag Direction Can Indicate Dog’s Mood
- Man Who Shot Iconic JFK Jr. Photo Still Haunted
- The Illusion of Black Friday Discounts
- Why Even Moderate Drinking Hits You Harder After 40
- Soaring Art Auction Prices Have Nothing to do with Art