Ikea Scrubs Women Out of Saudi Arabian Catalogue
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 2 October 2012 8:18 AM
There’s something missing from an Ikea catalogue recently released in Saudi Arabia: women. The LA Times is among the papers picking up the photos that show a pajama-clad woman (see above) scrubbed out, leaving only a small boy in the ad. The company was contrite when a newspaper printed photos from the Swedish version and the sans women version side by side and pointed out that Ikea Saudi Arabia is run by an outside franchisee.
The original story ran in Sweden’s Metro, which has translated the story into English on its website.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
From now until May 27th, you can enter your business in the “Crowd Rules $50,000 Challenge.”
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice
- 5/7 15,000-Year-Old Words