I Won and All I Got Was This Lousy Check
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 19 September 2012 8:12 AM
This spring, ten Texas high school students won a scholarship contest to help pay for their college tuition. They each received one of those big Ed McMahon-style checks for $2,000. The problem is, says the Houston Chronicle, that the winners never received actual checks from the contest’s sponsor. And the bank doesn’t accept huge cardboard ones.
SOURCE: Houston Chronicle
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?