Honduras Bans Smoking at Home
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 22 February 2011 1:36 PM
Some New Yorkers think by banning smoking in public parks and pedestrian plazas, Mayor Michael Bloomberg has gone too far in his war on tobacco. Well, those people will want to avoid Honduras. The San Francisco Chronicle picks up an AP story about the country’s latest anti-smoking efforts, which include a $311 fine for smoking in your own home. The law doesn’t actually ban smoking in a person’s home but Hondurans can be fined or even thrown in jail if anyone in their house calls to complain of second-hand smoke.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Food author Michael Ruhlman shares his tips for the perfect scrambled egg.
- 4/7 Nine-Month-Old Charged with Attempted Murder, Granted Bail
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/8 Inside the World of Sweepstakes Addicts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg