Honduras Bans Smoking at Home
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 22 February 2011 1:36 PM
Some New Yorkers think by banning smoking in public parks and pedestrian plazas, Mayor Michael Bloomberg has gone too far in his war on tobacco. Well, those people will want to avoid Honduras. The San Francisco Chronicle picks up an AP story about the country’s latest anti-smoking efforts, which include a $311 fine for smoking in your own home. The law doesn’t actually ban smoking in a person’s home but Hondurans can be fined or even thrown in jail if anyone in their house calls to complain of second-hand smoke.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Jeff Gordon gets revenge on the reporter who labeled his viral test-drive video a fake.
- 2/27 Sarah Jessica Parker Launches Shoe Line, Displays Spider Veins
- 2/28 Breast-Fed Babies’ Advantage Comes From Books
- 2/24 Moviefone Line Going Dead
- 2/26 Surviving the Dreaded Conference Call
- 3/6 The Manly Guide to Organizing Your Closet