Hess Toy Trucks in Limbo
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 5 March 2013 7:50 AM
March seems a bit early to start thinking about Christmas stockings, but the New York Post says a decision by Hess Corp. may change your gift buying strategy this year. The company said yesterday that it will try to sell its retail gas business, which leaves the fate of its popular toy truck in peril too. (The truck seems safe through 2013, but then all bets are off.) Collectors of the Hess truck are hoping someone buys the stations and keeps the Hess brand, making it more likely that the toy tradition will continue.
SOURCE: New York Post
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013