Hertz to Buy Dollar Thrifty
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 28 August 2012 7:05 AM
Hertz just bought Dollar Thrifty for $2.3 billion. The deal still has to be approved by the Federal Trade Commission, but if it is, it will reduce the rental car business to three big players says USA Today: Hertz/Dollar/Thrify vs. Avis/Budget vs. Enterprise/Alamo/National. Good news: Experts say that there’s still enough competition to keep rates competitive.
SOURCE: USA Today
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity