Hard Times at the College Dive Bar
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 27 September 2012 7:30 AM
The college dive bar is in peril says the New York Times this morning. The town square function they once served has been replaced by cellphones and social media. The shift has been significant enough that a group of bar owners in the college town of Ithica recently convened a summit to discuss how to adapt to the times.
SOURCE: New York Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?