Happy Birthday, Fenway Park!
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 20 April 2012 8:11 AM
There’s a big birthday happening in Boston today. Fenway Park, home to the Red Sox, is turning 100. The stadium is unlike no other, says the Boston Globe. Because it was built in the middle of a city block it’s a “crazy confluence of oblique angles.” The odd design also means there is very “little playable foul territory,” which means an unusually high number of balls end up in the stands.
SOURCE: Boston Globe
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
“Red Carpet Trivia Night” at Bell House featured my enthusiastic take on Pharrell Williams’ “Happy.”
- 2/27 Sarah Jessica Parker Launches Shoe Line, Displays Spider Veins
- 2/28 Breast-Fed Babies’ Advantage Comes From Books
- 2/26 Surviving the Dreaded Conference Call
- 3/6 The Manly Guide to Organizing Your Closet
- 2/28 Jeff Gordon Gets Revenge With New Pepsi Test-Drive Prank