Happy Birthday, Fenway Park!
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 20 April 2012 8:11 AM
There’s a big birthday happening in Boston today. Fenway Park, home to the Red Sox, is turning 100. The stadium is unlike no other, says the Boston Globe. Because it was built in the middle of a city block it’s a “crazy confluence of oblique angles.” The odd design also means there is very “little playable foul territory,” which means an unusually high number of balls end up in the stands.
SOURCE: Boston Globe
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryJanuary 28, 2014
- Ford Introduces Aluminum F-150
- Vintage Federer Reaches Australian Open Semifinal
- SEC Hands Over Ridiculously Redacted Documents on AIG
- Using the Power of the Sun to Study Sharks
- New Jersey Transit Scrambles to Protect Logos