Happy Birthday, Fenway Park!
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 20 April 2012 8:11 AM
There’s a big birthday happening in Boston today. Fenway Park, home to the Red Sox, is turning 100. The stadium is unlike no other, says the Boston Globe. Because it was built in the middle of a city block it’s a “crazy confluence of oblique angles.” The odd design also means there is very “little playable foul territory,” which means an unusually high number of balls end up in the stands.
SOURCE: Boston Globe
The glow from your electronics can actually be disturbing your sleep.
Check out this amazing shot from the third and final Supermoon of the year.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 1, 2013
- Twitter Still Losing Money as it Plans IPO
- 9-Year-Old Airplane Stowaway Sparks Investigation
- Warren Buffett: Don’t Use Debt Ceiling as a Weapon
- Health Care Website Woes Could Turn Off Younger Enrollees
- Lion Ranch Welcomes Four New Cubs