Happy Birthday, Fenway Park!
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 20 April 2012 8:11 AM
There’s a big birthday happening in Boston today. Fenway Park, home to the Red Sox, is turning 100. The stadium is unlike no other, says the Boston Globe. Because it was built in the middle of a city block it’s a “crazy confluence of oblique angles.” The odd design also means there is very “little playable foul territory,” which means an unusually high number of balls end up in the stands.
SOURCE: Boston Globe
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryNovember 26, 2013
- Why Even Moderate Drinking Hits You Harder After 40
- Create a Budget for Charitable Giving
- Opinion: Bloomberg, Champion of the Poor
- Galaxy has 40 Billion Earth-Like Planets
- Editorial: 5 Ways to Cut Hyperpartisanship in Washington