Happy Birthday, Fenway Park!
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 20 April 2012 8:11 AM
There’s a big birthday happening in Boston today. Fenway Park, home to the Red Sox, is turning 100. The stadium is unlike no other, says the Boston Globe. Because it was built in the middle of a city block it’s a “crazy confluence of oblique angles.” The odd design also means there is very “little playable foul territory,” which means an unusually high number of balls end up in the stands.
SOURCE: Boston Globe
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 24, 2013
- Facebook Relaxes Privacy Rules for Teenagers
- 9-Year-Old Airplane Stowaway Sparks Investigation
- Study: Men Ogle Women’s Bodies, Women do it Too
- High Blood Sugar Linked to Poor Memory
- Colleges Try Lowering Tuition and Aid