Hamptons ATM Receipt Shows $100M Balance
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 30 June 2011 7:24 AM
Withdrawal: $400. ATM Fee: $2.75. Available Balance: $99,864,731.94. Only the New York Post could take a crumpled ATM receipt and turn it into a front-page story. And that’s exactly what they did after finding this discarded receipt in the Hamptons. It shows a relatively modest withdrawal followed by a savings account balance of almost $100 million. That’s basically the whole story. The Post tracked down the guy they think it belongs to, hedge fund manager David Tepper, but he told the reporter that “hadn’t used an ATM since Lehman,” referring to the beginning of the 2008 financial crisis.
Dealbreaker was the first to pick up the story, listing it as a “blind item” yesterday.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Business Insider spent a day with me, documenting my 15-hour workday
- 4/7 Nine-Month-Old Charged with Attempted Murder, Granted Bail
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/18 Business Insider’s “Day in the Life” Video with Pat
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg