Golf Opinion: It’s About Time Anchored Putters Were Banned
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 27 November 2012 9:47 AM
The “anchored” putter—a longer version that you hold against your chest for stability—is about to be banned by the US Golf Association reports the Wall Street Journal. Writer John Paul Newport says it’s about time. His argument—and the reason regulators want to ban the putter, which has been around since the 1930s—is because “anchoring a golf club against the body during a stroke constitutes a fundamentally different type of golf swing, and that gives the USGA and the R&A a defensible place to draw the line.”
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Lester Wisbrod says he’s been taking photos of himself with celebrities for decades.
- 7/10 J. Crew’s Size 000: Legitimate or Vanity Sizing?
- 7/15 Did This Man Invent the Selfie?
- 7/22 How to Keep Your Toes Safe During a Pedicure
- 7/16 The Downside of Sexy Profile Pics
- 7/10 Retro Swimsuits a Good Choice for Most Body Types