Gender Test a Hurdle for Olympic Athletes
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 30 July 2012 6:26 AM
Organizers of London Games are trying a new approach to gender testing, reports the LA Times this morning. Instead of focusing on DNA as they have in the past, this year’s test focuses on the level of testosterone in the blood stream. Female athletes must fall below the average male range to compete as women.
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity