Gender Test a Hurdle for Olympic Athletes
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 30 July 2012 6:26 AM
Organizers of London Games are trying a new approach to gender testing, reports the LA Times this morning. Instead of focusing on DNA as they have in the past, this year’s test focuses on the level of testosterone in the blood stream. Female athletes must fall below the average male range to compete as women.
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/4 REI Does Away with Anytime Return Policy
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013