Galarraga Gets Corvette as Consolation Prize
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 4 June 2010 11:59 AM
Detroit Tigers’ pitcher Armando Galarraga may have been robbed of his perfect game. But he got a pretty nice consolation prize says the Detroit Free-Press. At last night’s game the pitcher was presented with a red Corvette from GM, as well as another heartfelt apology from umpire Jim Joyce. The paper says Galarraga’s sportsmanship during the missed call controversy has “offered up a salve to so much of what so many fans think ails sports these days.” Said the Tiger’s pitcher: “Nobody is perfect, Inside of my heart, I don’t have any problem.”
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMarch 5, 2014
- Wake to the Smell of Bacon with Alarm Clock App
- The Right Size Phone for Your Hand
- Union Case Shows Northwestern Taught Students Well
- What’s Next for the Man Who Killed Pluto?
- Population Shifting from Suburbs to Cities