Galarraga Gets Corvette as Consolation Prize
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 4 June 2010 11:59 AM
Detroit Tigers’ pitcher Armando Galarraga may have been robbed of his perfect game. But he got a pretty nice consolation prize says the Detroit Free-Press. At last night’s game the pitcher was presented with a red Corvette from GM, as well as another heartfelt apology from umpire Jim Joyce. The paper says Galarraga’s sportsmanship during the missed call controversy has “offered up a salve to so much of what so many fans think ails sports these days.” Said the Tiger’s pitcher: “Nobody is perfect, Inside of my heart, I don’t have any problem.”
Parental controls aren’t just for kids. Tips to force yourself to take a break from your devices.
Lester Wisbrod says he’s been taking photos of himself with celebrities for decades.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 28, 2013
- Detroit Police Reveal Bra Cup Sizes of Female Officers
- Study: ‘Fifty Shades of Gray’ Promotes Abuse
- Thumb Free Umbrella for Texting
- Study: College Kids Aren’t Having More Sex Than They Used To
- Glowing Plants on the Horizon—Cool or Scary?