Galarraga Gets Corvette as Consolation Prize
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 4 June 2010 11:59 AM
Detroit Tigers’ pitcher Armando Galarraga may have been robbed of his perfect game. But he got a pretty nice consolation prize says the Detroit Free-Press. At last night’s game the pitcher was presented with a red Corvette from GM, as well as another heartfelt apology from umpire Jim Joyce. The paper says Galarraga’s sportsmanship during the missed call controversy has “offered up a salve to so much of what so many fans think ails sports these days.” Said the Tiger’s pitcher: “Nobody is perfect, Inside of my heart, I don’t have any problem.”
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Lester Wisbrod says he’s been taking photos of himself with celebrities for decades.
- 7/15 Did This Man Invent the Selfie?
- 7/22 How to Keep Your Toes Safe During a Pedicure
- 7/16 The Downside of Sexy Profile Pics
- 7/15 Regrets of Aging Americans
- 7/17 Dyson’s Bet: You’ll Vacuum More If Your Vacuum is Lighter