Galarraga Gets Corvette as Consolation Prize
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 4 June 2010 11:59 AM
Detroit Tigers’ pitcher Armando Galarraga may have been robbed of his perfect game. But he got a pretty nice consolation prize says the Detroit Free-Press. At last night’s game the pitcher was presented with a red Corvette from GM, as well as another heartfelt apology from umpire Jim Joyce. The paper says Galarraga’s sportsmanship during the missed call controversy has “offered up a salve to so much of what so many fans think ails sports these days.” Said the Tiger’s pitcher: “Nobody is perfect, Inside of my heart, I don’t have any problem.”
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryDecember 19, 2013
- High-Paced Colleagues Cause Secondhand Stress
- Canada Ending Mail Delivery to City Homes
- Boston Mayor Set to Get Behind the Wheel Again After 20 Years
- Does Playboy Even Matter Anymore?
- The Odd Rise of Anonymous Sources