From Rookie to Olympian, in 2 Years
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 16 July 2012 8:15 AM
Gwen Jorgensen will represent Team USA in the women’s triathlon on August 4th, just two and a half years after she competed in her first one. USA Today says Jorgensen caught the eye of USA Triathlon, while she was a student athlete. In her first competitive event in 2010, she finished eighth and won “rookie of the year.” Now, she’s competing in the Olympics.
SOURCE: USA Today
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013
- 6/18 Exercise Etiquette: To Wave or Not to Wave