Free Land Giveaway in Iowa Town
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 2 December 2010 1:38 PM
It’s a little different than the deal offered to homesteaders more a hundred years ago…but not by much. The New York Daily News says a small town in Iowa is literally giving away land. They’re housing lots, not farms. But if you want to move there and agree to build a house on the property, the town of Marne will give you the land for free.
And they’re not the only ones. I’m pretty sure the Daily News pulled its story from this CNBC piece, listing all the free land deals around the country. Many of the deals are aimed at businesses but they are quite a few deals for private citizens. The only caveat seems to be a willingness to resettle in the deep Midwestern wilderness.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
“Red Carpet Trivia Night” at Bell House featured my enthusiastic take on Pharrell Williams’ “Happy.”
- 2/27 Sarah Jessica Parker Launches Shoe Line, Displays Spider Veins
- 2/28 Breast-Fed Babies’ Advantage Comes From Books
- 2/26 Surviving the Dreaded Conference Call
- 3/6 The Manly Guide to Organizing Your Closet
- 2/28 Jeff Gordon Gets Revenge With New Pepsi Test-Drive Prank