Football Minus the Fun
Written by Pat's Papers | Sunday, 8 November 2009 7:09 PM
Taking a cue from the NFL, refs are cracking down on touchdown celebrations at high school football games says the Washington Post. A recent memo from the national organization that governs the sport reminded players that overenthusiastic displays near the goal posts qualify as ?inappropriate behavior? and can result in suspension. But coaches and parents complain that the vaguely worded rule is taking all the joy out of the game.
SOURCE: All others
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013