Football Artist Wins Copyright Lawsuit
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 12 June 2012 7:42 AM
An artist has come out victorious in a seven-year legal battle with the University of Alabama, reports the Birmingham News this morning. Daniel Moore was sued by the school because of his paintings, which depict Alabama football players in uniform. The U of A claimed Moore’s images constitute copyright infringement, but a judge decided yesterday that they are protected under the First Amendment.
SOURCE: Birmingham News
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice