Finish So Close Photo Can’t Call It
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 25 June 2012 7:34 AM
On Saturday, at the US Olympic trials in Eugene, Oregon, there was a 100 meter dash so close, that even a photo finish couldn’t call a winner. The New York Times calls it “track’s version of Bush v. Gore.” Ties are so rare in the sport that track officials don’t have a protocol in place to deal with them. So after 24 hours of deliberation, Allyson Felix and Jeneba Tarmoh will either flip a coin or have a run off, to decide who will take the third slot on the US team in London.
SOURCE: New York Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity