Fed Checks Up On Its Gold Supply
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 3 August 2012 6:07 AM
Did the heist in “Die Hard: With a Vengeance” actually happen? The Fed is quietly undergoing an audit of the gold reserves it has stored in an underground vault at the Federal Reserve building on Wall Street to put conspiracy theories about the stockpile to rest. The LA Times says investigators are drilling tiny holes in the gold bricks to confirm their authenticity. The results will be announced by the end of the year.
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013
- 6/18 Exercise Etiquette: To Wave or Not to Wave