Facebook Elects Woman to Board
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 26 June 2012 8:34 AM
Facebook has elected a woman to its board, reports the LA Times this morning. After facing criticism for its all-male board, Mark Zuckerberg announced yesterday that the company’s COO Sheryl Sandberg would join as its eighth member. The Times points out that most of Facebook’s 901 million users are women, and that only 11 percent of Fortune 500 companies had male-only boards, according to a survey last year.
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?