Don’t Overdo It With Kale
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 25 September 2012 8:14 AM
(Image via Wikipedia)
I seem to be seeing Kale everywhere. But experts say there can be too much of a healthy thing. The Washington Post says the trendy vegetable has a large concentration of Vitamin K, which can be dangerous for people on blood thinners. It also contains oxalates, which have been correlated to kidney stones. In general, kale is a great source of anti-oxidants and vitamins—just don’t overdo it.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity