Debate Round 2: Obama Comes Out Swinging
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 17 October 2012 7:46 AM
Lots of commentary on the second presidential debate in the papers this morning. On its editorial page, the New York Times says President Obama “regained full command of his vision and his legacy, leaving Mitt Romney sputtering with half-answers, deceptions and one memorable error.” In the Wall Street Journal, Holman Jenkins Jr. praises the president for coming out swinging—“It wasn’t enlightening, but the president showed the necessary aggressiveness. Mr. Low-T was banished for the night.”—but says he still appeared cynical.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity