Cuba Ends Exit Visa Requirement
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 17 October 2012 8:19 AM
A big move from Cuba on the front page of the Miami Herald this morning. The exit visa requirement for Cubans has been eliminated, which means it’s easier for them to take vacations and easier for them to never return.
The decision has cause “euphoria” in the island country, says the Herald; the $150 exit visas were an impossible cost in a country where the average monthly wage is around $20. The rule change takes effect in January.
SOURCE: Miami Herald
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity