What Would College Be Without Lectures?
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 16 February 2012 9:29 AM
“Active learning” is the catchphrase du jour says the Washington Post. And that has led educators back to the drawing board, as they brainstorm better ways to teach math and science at the college level. Their main concern is that the standard format—the lecture—is driving students away.
SOURCE: Washington Post
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryMay 22, 2014
- “Million Dollar Arm” Pitcher Hopes to Reach Big Leagues
- Man Jailed 13 Years After Conviction is Freed
- Kitchen Grease the Latest Commodity for Thieves
- Gift Shop at September 11 Museum Angers Some
- The New “Oldest Living Man on Earth”