What Would College Be Without Lectures?
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 16 February 2012 9:29 AM
“Active learning” is the catchphrase du jour says the Washington Post. And that has led educators back to the drawing board, as they brainstorm better ways to teach math and science at the college level. Their main concern is that the standard format—the lecture—is driving students away.
SOURCE: Washington Post
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 26, 2013
- Miley’s Plan: Crass or Calculated?
- Theater Chain Gambles on Cushy, Reclining Seats
- Late to the Twitter Party? Here’s a Primer
- Boston Waiting a Century for a Clincher
- Embracing Hurricane Sandy’s Scars