What Would College Be Without Lectures?
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 16 February 2012 9:29 AM
“Active learning” is the catchphrase du jour says the Washington Post. And that has led educators back to the drawing board, as they brainstorm better ways to teach math and science at the college level. Their main concern is that the standard format—the lecture—is driving students away.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryNovember 26, 2013
- Don’t Rake Leaves, Mow Them
- Does Smoking Ruin Your Sex Life?
- “Mexicoke” May Fall Victim to New Tax
- Photo of the Day: Insane Water Slide
- Backlash Over Proposal to Allow In-Flight Cell Phone Calls