What Would College Be Without Lectures?
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 16 February 2012 9:29 AM
“Active learning” is the catchphrase du jour says the Washington Post. And that has led educators back to the drawing board, as they brainstorm better ways to teach math and science at the college level. Their main concern is that the standard format—the lecture—is driving students away.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Business Insider spent a day with me, documenting my 15-hour workday
- 4/7 Nine-Month-Old Charged with Attempted Murder, Granted Bail
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/18 Business Insider’s “Day in the Life” Video with Pat
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg