What Would College Be Without Lectures?
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 16 February 2012 9:29 AM
“Active learning” is the catchphrase du jour says the Washington Post. And that has led educators back to the drawing board, as they brainstorm better ways to teach math and science at the college level. Their main concern is that the standard format—the lecture—is driving students away.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryNovember 23, 2013
- The Illusion of Black Friday Discounts
- Retailers Embrace Thanksgivukkah
- Uniforms Lose Pockets to Discourage Theft, Contamination
- Hurricane Hunting Plane Studies Arctic Ice
- Pope Criticizes Growing Economic Inequality