College Dorms Get Swanky
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 7 December 2012 9:49 AM
No, that photo above—the one of the lagoon-shaped pool? That isn’t a Florida resort. It’s a college dorm. The Wall Street Journal says developers, looking for a new market, have decided that college living needs a serious upgrade and are investing heavily in properties on or near campuses around the country. The pool above is part of a new resort-like complex near the Texas A&M campus. Other amenities include tanning beds, putting greens and outside movie screens.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Food author Michael Ruhlman shares his tips for the perfect scrambled egg.
- 4/7 Nine-Month-Old Charged with Attempted Murder, Granted Bail
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/8 Inside the World of Sweepstakes Addicts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg