College Dorms Get Swanky
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 7 December 2012 9:49 AM
No, that photo above—the one of the lagoon-shaped pool? That isn’t a Florida resort. It’s a college dorm. The Wall Street Journal says developers, looking for a new market, have decided that college living needs a serious upgrade and are investing heavily in properties on or near campuses around the country. The pool above is part of a new resort-like complex near the Texas A&M campus. Other amenities include tanning beds, putting greens and outside movie screens.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryNovember 26, 2013
- Line Between Week and Weekend Gets Blurrier
- Newtown Shooting Report Released
- Behind the Scenes at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Toronto Mayor Admits Crack Use; Won’t Step Down
- The Rise of the Little Black Jumpsuit