College Dorms Get Swanky
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 7 December 2012 9:49 AM
No, that photo above—the one of the lagoon-shaped pool? That isn’t a Florida resort. It’s a college dorm. The Wall Street Journal says developers, looking for a new market, have decided that college living needs a serious upgrade and are investing heavily in properties on or near campuses around the country. The pool above is part of a new resort-like complex near the Texas A&M campus. Other amenities include tanning beds, putting greens and outside movie screens.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryDecember 19, 2013
- What Happens to Fast & Furious Franchise After Walker’s Death
- Walt Mossberg’s Most Influential Tech Products
- Obama’s Selfie at Mandela’s Funeral
- U.S. High School Students Slip in Global Rankings
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cell Phone Records Daily