College Dorms Get Swanky
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 7 December 2012 9:49 AM
No, that photo above—the one of the lagoon-shaped pool? That isn’t a Florida resort. It’s a college dorm. The Wall Street Journal says developers, looking for a new market, have decided that college living needs a serious upgrade and are investing heavily in properties on or near campuses around the country. The pool above is part of a new resort-like complex near the Texas A&M campus. Other amenities include tanning beds, putting greens and outside movie screens.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryApril 27, 2014
- Fewer Young Adult Voters in 2012 Elections
- Use Data to Improve Shale Gas Development
- Hillary Takes Shoe-Throwing Incident in Stride
- Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- Is it Better Not to Have an HR Department?