Coffee Cup Warning: Killer on the Loose
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 5 January 2012 10:00 AM
It wasn’t quite a message in a bottle, but it was close. After a park ranger was fatally shot last weekend, the Seattle Times says there was a race to warn hikers on Mt. Rainier that an armed and dangerous killer was on the loose. But when pilots couldn’t get their message across with a loudspeaker they went low-tech, and dropped paper coffee cups with warning messages scrawled on them from a chopper.
SOURCE: Seattle Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity