Clinton: I Take Responsibility for Libya Attack
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 16 October 2012 8:30 AM
In an interview with CNN, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took full responsibility for failing to successfully defend the US embassy in Libya against a terrorist attack last month, telling the network she “want[s] to avoid some kind of political gotcha.” The New York Times points out that Clinton’s statement comes on the eve of the second presidential debate and seems to be a bid to protect President Obama.
SOURCE: New York Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013