Chicago Teachers Strike
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 10 September 2012 8:18 AM
The Chicago Tribune reports on the city’s first teacher strike in 25 years this morning. Union representatives spent all day Sunday trying to hash out a deal but were unsuccessful. The main areas of contention are centered around the cost of health benefits, how teachers are evaluated and job security. Until an agreement, a fraction of the schools will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. around the city.
SOURCE: Chicago Tribune
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity