Chicago Teachers Strike
Written by Pat's Papers | Monday, 10 September 2012 8:18 AM
The Chicago Tribune reports on the city’s first teacher strike in 25 years this morning. Union representatives spent all day Sunday trying to hash out a deal but were unsuccessful. The main areas of contention are centered around the cost of health benefits, how teachers are evaluated and job security. Until an agreement, a fraction of the schools will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. around the city.
SOURCE: Chicago Tribune
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/4 REI Does Away with Anytime Return Policy
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013