Center of the Earth, Almost
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 25 September 2012 8:29 AM
Location is everything—especially when you’re honoring the center of the earth. Ecuador’s Middle of the Earth monument was supposed to be built at 0 degrees latitude, 0 minutes, 0 seconds. But the New York Times says it isn’t. The actual center of the earth is a few hundred feet away but it sits on a ravine and officials thought the location was unsuitable for a monument.
SOURCE: New York Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice