Cat Escapes with Nine Lives, Despite Owner’s Last Wishes
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 5 April 2012 9:24 AM
Boots the cat is walking away with his nine lives intact, no thanks to his owner. The Chicago Tribune says when Boots’ owner died earlier this year, she specified in her will that any cats she owned be euthanized. Well, the executors of her will thought that was a little harsh, so they contested the clause and won. Citing donations she’d made to animal groups, they argued that the woman had a commitment to the humane treatment of animals. Boots is now living it up at a shelter.
SOURCE: Chicago Tribune
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 25, 2013
- Driver Held in Deadly Monster Truck Crash
- Opinion: GOP at a Dead End Over Shutdown
- Draconid Meteor Shower to Light Up Evening Sky
- Scientists Question Humans’ Family Tree
- Older Workers Report Higher Job Satisfaction