Cat Escapes with Nine Lives, Despite Owner’s Last Wishes
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 5 April 2012 9:24 AM
Boots the cat is walking away with his nine lives intact, no thanks to his owner. The Chicago Tribune says when Boots’ owner died earlier this year, she specified in her will that any cats she owned be euthanized. Well, the executors of her will thought that was a little harsh, so they contested the clause and won. Citing donations she’d made to animal groups, they argued that the woman had a commitment to the humane treatment of animals. Boots is now living it up at a shelter.
SOURCE: Chicago Tribune
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 2, 2014
- Living Memorials Help Terminally Ill Patients Celebrate Life
- Tick Bite Can Make You Allergic to Meat
- It’s a Jungle Out There: Learning to Drive in New York City
- Hotel “Fines” Guests $500 for Bad Reviews
- Ebola Containment Efforts Thwarted by Lax Enforcement