Canadians Drive to US for Cheap Flights
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 8 June 2012 7:55 AM
What’s the cheapest way to fly to the US from Canada? Drive there first. The Wall Street Journal has an interesting piece on Canadians who live near the border and drive to US airports in search of much lower airfares, mainly as a result of much lower taxes. Low-cost carrier Allegiant is now operating flights in several border towns after noticing the demand. And officials in Plattsburg, which is just 60 miles south of Montreal, have turned a former Army base into “l’aéroport américain de Montréal.”
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?