Calling Doctor a “Real Tool”: Defamation or Not?
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 5 September 2012 7:47 AM
Is it legal to call your doctor a “real tool” in an online review? That’s the question the Minnesota Supreme Court is debating says the Star Tribune. The son of an elderly patient was sued for defamation after he made the claim on a rate-your-doctor website. Most of the testimony has centered around the definition of “tool” but legal experts say it’s the latest legal battle to put free speech on the Internet to the test.
SOURCE: Minneapolis Star Tribune
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
From now until May 27th, you can enter your business in the “Crowd Rules $50,000 Challenge.”
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice