Brooklyn is on Long Island
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 25 October 2012 8:46 AM
Yes, Brooklyn is part of Long Island. The New York Times notes that some New Yorkers are suprised to learn that the Islanders move to the Barclays Center won’t necessitate a name change. Need evidence? The Revolutionary War’s Battle of Long Island was fought not far from the team’s new Brooklyn digs. The Islanders deal had been whispered about as a possibility, but the negotiations were kept surprisingly quiet until an official announcement yesterday.
SOURCE: New York Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
We haven’t had a good Starbucks Alter Ego for awhile, but then a woman named (not-my-wife) Dawn dropped us a line.
- 6/10 Farewell to Edmonton Colleague John Berry
- 6/19 Miami Heat Eke Out a Win, Force Game Seven
- 6/14 Study: Lego Faces Angrier Than 24 Years Ago
- 6/11 Survey: Women Last 1 Hour Before High Heel Pain Sets In
- 6/7 Summer Reading List: 2013