Boat Captain Busted for Feeding Gators
Written by Pat's Papers | Wednesday, 19 September 2012 8:19 AM
(Image via Wikipedia)
What do alligators like to eat—besides people’s unattended dogs? Dog biscuits, it turns out. The Sun Sentinel says an airboat captain is facing up to 60 days in jail after he was busted by undercover wildlife officials for trying to lure a gator to the surface for the tourists in his boat. It’s apparently common for boat captains to offer up treats—anything from marshmallows to live fish to dog biscuits—in order to give their customers what they came to see.
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/22 Could 3-D Printers Print Astronaut Food?