Belgian Man Listened through 23-Year Coma
Written by Pats Papers | Monday, 23 November 2009 10:47 AM
UPDATE: Rom Houben did several interviews yesterday. Links to video.
Message to families of coma victims: be careful what you say. The New York Post picks up a Daily Mail report on a Belgian man who awoke from a coma after 23 years. Turns out he heard and understood everything that was said in his presence. He just couldn’t respond.
Read the original Daily Mail report.
And a warning to coma victims this morning from the Houston Chronicle: watch your wallet. A Texas man recently woke up from two months in a coma to find out that his estranged wife had stolen his ATM card.
From Pat's Blog
Video: Bruce Springsteen’s Rendition of a U2 Classic.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryAugust 3, 2014
- Stand-Up Paddleboarding Gains Popularity
- Kim Kardashian Could Earn $60 Million from Video Game
- NRA Commentator: Blind People Should Have More Guns (VIDEO)
- Hotel “Fines” Guests $500 for Bad Reviews
- California Assembly Passes Cellphone Kill Switch Bill