Belgian Man Listened through 23-Year Coma
Written by Pats Papers | Monday, 23 November 2009 10:47 AM
UPDATE: Rom Houben did several interviews yesterday. Links to video.
Message to families of coma victims: be careful what you say. The New York Post picks up a Daily Mail report on a Belgian man who awoke from a coma after 23 years. Turns out he heard and understood everything that was said in his presence. He just couldn’t respond.
Read the original Daily Mail report.
And a warning to coma victims this morning from the Houston Chronicle: watch your wallet. A Texas man recently woke up from two months in a coma to find out that his estranged wife had stolen his ATM card.
My thanks to the Village Voice for honoring me as New York’s “Best TV News Anchor”
Tickets are on sale now for my final trivia event of the year at Bell House.
Most Popular Posts
From the Pat's Papers Archive: Today in HistoryOctober 24, 2013
- Draconid Meteor Shower to Light Up Evening Sky
- Original Astronaut Scott Carpenter Dies
- Taking on the Cosmetics Industry
- South Carolina Man Mows Lawn at Lincoln Memorial
- Miley Cyrus Avoids Controversy in Saturday Night Live Hosting Gig