Baggy Pants Legal in NYC
Written by Pat's Papers | Thursday, 29 July 2010 8:56 AM
It’s your right to wear your pants as low as they’ll go says the New York Post. A Bronx judge told a man who’d received a summons for his baggy pants that “while most of us may consider it distasteful, and indeed foolish, to wear one’s pants so low as to expose the underwear . . . people can dress as they please, wear anything, so long as they do not offend public order and decency.” Some states around the country have tried to ban baggy pants but New York has no laws against them. As the judge put it: “The Constitution still leaves some opportunity for people to be foolish if they so desire.”
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Lester Wisbrod says he’s been taking photos of himself with celebrities for decades.
- 7/10 J. Crew’s Size 000: Legitimate or Vanity Sizing?
- 7/15 Did This Man Invent the Selfie?
- 7/22 How to Keep Your Toes Safe During a Pedicure
- 7/16 The Downside of Sexy Profile Pics
- 7/10 Retro Swimsuits a Good Choice for Most Body Types