Asian Americans Choose Line Dancing Over Tai Chi
Written by Pat's Papers | Friday, 26 October 2012 6:20 AM
Looking for an alternative to tai chi? How ‘bout line dancing? The LA Times says the country western pastime has become very popular with Asian Americans these days—especially women of Chinese descent who are looking for something to spice up their early morning exercise routine. The steps are the same but the outfits (cloth slippers, not cowboy boots) and music (Lady Gaga instead of Toby Keith) are unique. The general feeling seems to be: Tai chi is for old people; line dancing makes you feel young.
SOURCE: LA Times
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Ali Wentworth asked Pat to do a NY1-style summary of some headlines from Cosmo and Self magazines during their Q and A.
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/10 Attention-Grabbers Top Most Popular Name List
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity
- 5/9 McDonalds Kidnapping Tweet: Tacky or Nice