Are Playgrounds Too Safe?
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 20 November 2012 9:12 AM
Are playgrounds too safe? That’s the question in the Wall Street Journal this morning. Experts worry that “decades of dumbed-down playgrounds, fueled by fears of litigation, concerns about injury and worrywart helicopter parents” have led to equipment that is, in a word, lame. And we all know how kids feel about things that are lame. Adding to the worries are a cannon of studies that show kids who are not exposed to any risk are more likely to develop phobias later on in life.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
Lester Wisbrod says he’s been taking photos of himself with celebrities for decades.
- 7/10 J. Crew’s Size 000: Legitimate or Vanity Sizing?
- 7/15 Did This Man Invent the Selfie?
- 7/22 How to Keep Your Toes Safe During a Pedicure
- 7/16 The Downside of Sexy Profile Pics
- 7/10 Retro Swimsuits a Good Choice for Most Body Types