Are Playgrounds Too Safe?
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 20 November 2012 9:12 AM
Are playgrounds too safe? That’s the question in the Wall Street Journal this morning. Experts worry that “decades of dumbed-down playgrounds, fueled by fears of litigation, concerns about injury and worrywart helicopter parents” have led to equipment that is, in a word, lame. And we all know how kids feel about things that are lame. Adding to the worries are a cannon of studies that show kids who are not exposed to any risk are more likely to develop phobias later on in life.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New breeds of Christmas trees promise longer life and even a more pleasing scent.
- 12/5 The Daily Show: Pat Plays Along with Samantha Bee
- 12/3 Study: Men Only Using Half a Brain
- 12/3 “Meaning” is the New Trend in Baby Names
- 12/5 Color of the Year: “Radiant Orchid”
- 12/4 Woman Lines Up Selfie with Bridge Jumper in Background