Are Playgrounds Too Safe?
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 20 November 2012 9:12 AM
Are playgrounds too safe? That’s the question in the Wall Street Journal this morning. Experts worry that “decades of dumbed-down playgrounds, fueled by fears of litigation, concerns about injury and worrywart helicopter parents” have led to equipment that is, in a word, lame. And we all know how kids feel about things that are lame. Adding to the worries are a cannon of studies that show kids who are not exposed to any risk are more likely to develop phobias later on in life.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Business Insider spent a day with me, documenting my 15-hour workday
- 4/7 Nine-Month-Old Charged with Attempted Murder, Granted Bail
- 4/17 Heartbreaking Text Messages from Students on Sinking Korean Ferry
- 4/18 Business Insider’s “Day in the Life” Video with Pat
- 4/11 Thousands Losing Tax Refunds Because of Parents’ Old Debts
- 4/16 The Perfect Scrambled Egg