Are Playgrounds Too Safe?
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 20 November 2012 9:12 AM
Are playgrounds too safe? That’s the question in the Wall Street Journal this morning. Experts worry that “decades of dumbed-down playgrounds, fueled by fears of litigation, concerns about injury and worrywart helicopter parents” have led to equipment that is, in a word, lame. And we all know how kids feel about things that are lame. Adding to the worries are a cannon of studies that show kids who are not exposed to any risk are more likely to develop phobias later on in life.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
Jeff Gordon gets revenge on the reporter who labeled his viral test-drive video a fake.
- 2/27 Sarah Jessica Parker Launches Shoe Line, Displays Spider Veins
- 2/28 Breast-Fed Babies’ Advantage Comes From Books
- 2/24 Moviefone Line Going Dead
- 2/26 Surviving the Dreaded Conference Call
- 2/28 Jeff Gordon Gets Revenge With New Pepsi Test-Drive Prank