Apple Takes Off Green Sticker
Written by Pat's Papers | Tuesday, 10 July 2012 9:17 AM
The San Jose Mercury News says Apple caused an uproar when it abruptly removed itself from a prominent “green” product registry called EPEAT. Insiders believe that it’s the design of the new Mac Book Pro, which features a glued-on battery, which prompted the Cupertino-based company to pull itself from the list. The decision has created a sticky situation for cities like San Francisco, which have rules on the books that only allow them to buy EPEAT-approved products.
SOURCE: San Jose Mercury News
Enter address below to get the morning headlines in your inbox (more details)
New on the Blog
On Wednesday, July 24th Pat’s heading back to the Bell House to host TrivWorks Ultimate Summer Trivia Slam. Find out how to win tickets.
- 5/24 No Pat’s Picks: May 27th-May 31st
- 5/16 Memo to Women of NYC: Topless OK
- 5/23 Jeter’s Starbucks Alter Ego: ‘Philip’
- 5/21 ‘Monstrous’ Twister Devastates Oklahoma
- 5/20 ‘Unlimited’ Vacation Gains Popularity